question for those that have purchased A6100 body 16-50 kit

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Aaron@Utah Senior Member • Posts: 1,621
question for those that have purchased A6100 body 16-50 kit

so I have had the unfortunate event of some of my gear being stolen and have a question for others that have purchased the 6100 kit with 16-50 lens

I am the original owner and have the receipt with the serial number but have a question if

the serial number on the box is the serial for the kit or is it the one that is on the camera that matches the box,.   My box there are several numbers and need to make sure I am giving the police the proper number for the police report

they stole the body without the lens.   I sold the lens shortly after I bought the kit so i can't check the serial on the lens to match it to any numbers on the box

They also stole a A6500 that I bought used years ago so no way of proving ownership of that body  as in sony's great wisdom they don't put the camera serial in the exif data  or at least not in any form you can read it plainly

There is a Camera ID in the exit that has a unique number but I don't think it is the actual serial number that is physically on the camera so I may be screwed on the a6500 even I they do find it  since it would be hard to prove its mine other than that Camera ID

who knows maybe that may be enough for proof of ownership but I doubt it

also during all of this it came to me that from now on I will be putting my serial number in the ownership field or copyright info since that is in the exif data plain and clear

as well as having a video or other proofs of ownership

live and learn I guess  should have been something I did but never got around to

Mac OS X: Because making UNIX user friendly was easier than fixing Windows.

Aaron@Utah's gear list:Aaron@Utah's gear list
Sony RX100 IV Sony a6500 Sony a7 III Sony a6100 Sony Carl Zeiss Sonnar T* E 24mm F1.8 ZA +16 more
Sony a6500
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow