I just noticed something

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
New Day Rising
New Day Rising Senior Member • Posts: 4,889
Re: I just noticed something

BGD300V1 wrote:

MILC man wrote:

BGD300V1 wrote:

When you buy as many cameras as the AP does it comes down to price on a competitive bid basis.

cameras are _not_ all the same.

the a.p. stated that sony has the technological advantages that the a.p. wants, because it does, as i already demonstrated.

nikon has to buy sensors from sony, it's forever condemned to playing second fiddle wrt technology.

If you want the name bad enough you undercut the competition. You probably throw in a lot of the older models that Sony is still trying to unload.

whatever the customer wants, period.

It's still a fact that NIKON had all ten competition slots and half of the gallery slots on this site.

I just checked again, the Sony A7R II has shown up at the bottom of the competition list. It's got a long way to go to catch up to the 15 year old Nikon D40. Somebody has been busy since this thread began,

again, what's your point?

nikon stock prices have plunged in the last year, from $12.40 to $6.44 a share.

i would expect stability to be a factor for the a.p.

The point is the images produced and published here by photographers. You can worry about stock prices, etc.

BTW, Nikon makes the machines that makes the sensors.

When I take part in a thread I usually take a look at the other posters gallery to see if I find value in their input based on the evidence of their expertise. That's sometimes hard to find in a forum on buying advice.

I don't subscribe to this idea that the value of a person's input should, or even can, be judged from the photos in their gallery. As I mentioned in my other post in this thread, there are many members here who do not use the gallery for a variety of reasons. Some are excellent photographers; some are highly skilled professionals. The absence of quality of photos in a gallery may not be any indication at all of their skills or expertise.

There will also be some people who know a lot about gear, and can give great advice in this forum, but not be too good at actually using the gear. DPR is a strongly gear oriented site after all. There's also some people who are so loyal to a particular brand or format that they cannot give helpful and objective advice to save themselves - but might take great photos with their beloved gear.

New Day Rising's gear list:New Day Rising's gear list
Sony RX100 Nikon D50 Canon EOS 550D Sony Alpha NEX-6 Fujifilm X-T1 +13 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow