Omegon LX3 Tracker-Issues

Started 4 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
900SL Junior Member • Posts: 37
Omegon LX3 Tracker-Issues

I recently bought an LX3 and have had some issues with the ball mount rocking on the drive shaft. This was causing some frames to trail (although there are quite a few keepers-even up to 200mm) so I decided to take it apart last week and this is what i found:

Nicely made body, decently machined brass drive pin, utter junk 'teflon PTFE' bush

The bush is an interference fit in the body and the PTFE bore is supposedly reamed to a tight tolerance. The lower photo is the 'reaming'

I have written to Omegon three times in this regard but apart from auto replies have yet to hear a reply as to what they intend to do about this. I wasn't going to post this but given their obvious issues with QC and customer service I felt obliged to do so.

I am arranging to have a close fitting brass bush made up to replace the plastic junk and hopefully that will resolve the issue

Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow