Contemplated picking up a Z to be a travel cam?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
Craftsman70 Regular Member • Posts: 151
Re: Contemplated picking up a Z to be a travel cam?

I don't believe anyone should be too surprised that the Z50 did well against the D7200 after all we are talking about different generations of technological advancement here.  I would have been shocked if the D7200 was better than the Z50!

What it comes down to is if you want to invest in two different platforms going forward.  Yes, the Z series has the adapter but realistically, the adapter may not be a long-term solution especially for a travel camera as it would add bulk and one more thing to carry around and fiddle with.

Personally, if I was going to do a travel kit while keeping my DSLR, I would base it around the 'new' AF-P series of lenses and a lighter weight newer DSLR body like a D3500 which is a little lighter than the Z50 and about just as small.  The only downside is that the D3500 doesn't do much in terms of video while the Z50 does.

Craftsman70's gear list:Craftsman70's gear list
Nikon D200 Nikon D7000 Nikon D7200 Nikon D780 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G IF-ED VR +9 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow