G9 Stabilizer question

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
Interceptor121 Senior Member • Posts: 1,313
Re: G9 Stabilizer question

Breb wrote:

Thanks for the replies, it looks as though things are as I suspected. I have the PL12-60 which is Dual IS, although it doesnt show dual IS in the menu ? I read somewhere that it should if you have a compatible lens, I checked if the firmware was up to date when I bought it in March and it was.

I wanted to have it on half press only to save battery life also it seems to warm the body up as well but perhaps thats normal because my smartphone warms up as well. I've disabled Eye AF because that was a battery drain because it was on if it was near my body.

The main source of battery drain is the fact the sensor is always on as this is a mirrorless camera

shutter half press won’t make a difference I have also an olympus camera with panasonic lenses that are stabilised does exactly that and it is annoying as the frame moves when you keep half pressed and drops after because it only stops moving when is off

Interceptor121's gear list:Interceptor121's gear list
Olympus E-M1 II Panasonic GH5 Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 Canon EF 8-15mm f/4L Fisheye USM Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm F2.8 Macro +10 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow