Colored streaks on negatives

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Ulrik Christiansen
Ulrik Christiansen Senior Member • Posts: 1,408
Colored streaks on negatives

Hi all

Yesterday I developed a 120 Tmax 400 roll in Ifosol 3 (1+14) with times according to the massive dev chart app. I was surprised to see that there are 3 longs streaks running the whole length of the film - green, red and blue'ish. When scanning, they are very visible and also when you look at the negatives.

How can those colors be present on a black and white film? It must be something with the development... The only thing I can think of is, that I accidentally reversed the film spool, when I put it into the tank inside the lightsealed bag. I noticed it when I started the agitation during develop, that it was more difficult to get the small stick that you put into the tank to connect with the spool. I did complete the agitations (the spool was moving around), it was just not as smooth as when the spool is sitting correctly in the tank. The film was also correctly wound inside the spool.

I must have done something wrong, but what?

When I get home tonight, I will post an image so you can see the effect. The pictures are in fact usable, I just have to desaturate the colors 100% in capture one.

Thanks,

Ulrik Christiansen's gear list:Ulrik Christiansen's gear list
Canon PowerShot G7 X Fujifilm X-T20 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS +5 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow