Olympus 17 mm f 1.2 Pro, 45 mm f 1.2 Pro, Voigtlander 17.5 mm f 0.95

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
OP Sbarnaveli Junior Member • Posts: 25
Re: Take a look at examples of the images made by the lens

Interceptor121 wrote:

Emma is shot on ARRI Lexa LF and signature primes which is 47mm on larger than full frame format t1.8

Your closest native approximation is 25mm 1.2 or faster. You can achieve that speed with a sigma 1.4 and speed booster a voigtlander and to some extent the olympus but none of those lenses has the sophistication of the arri signature prime nor the large sensor of the alexa

that set up runs at 50K

I actually also checked that before posting here to see what lenses they used, but I couldn't find any clue as to which focal length from that collection of lenses they used for these particular scenes.

I checked some scenes from Godfather though, which used a 40mm lens and they also seem to be getting blurs in the background in similar scenes (T2.2, as far as I could find and most of the time wide open), so 35 2.4 should look more or less similar:

And I think getting this kind of shots (75mm T2.2, as I understand, based on the second lens that was used in this film) can also be achieved with my 45 f1.8:

And I agree about Arri - I don't expect Olympus mft lenses to have the same level as cine lenses, especially the ones that are that good and large and expensive as Arri lenses are.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow