Olympus 17 mm f 1.2 Pro, 45 mm f 1.2 Pro, Voigtlander 17.5 mm f 0.95

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
OP Sbarnaveli Junior Member • Posts: 25
Re: Take a look at examples of the images made by the lens

pdelux wrote:

Flickr is a good place. Here is a 17 F 1.2 flickr group:

https://www.flickr.com/groups/4045539@N22/pool/

IMO Olympus 17 1.2 is the best lens in the whole system - because I love the rendering and the FL (yet I do not own one)

17mm is great for "environmental" portraits you describe. But I wouldnt attempt to do tight headshots with it - due to distortion of its wide angle. Keep the subject away from the extreme edges of the frame

However if you want your images to have the cinematic look you have to be willing to "grade" (post process) your images like films do. start first with Shooting RAW. Then find the right tools you need to process the images to how you want.

Thanks, yes, I usually check flickr (flickriver) as well, but in this particular case I had problems finding the shots that I was looking for. Maybe this group will have them. thanks.

As to RAW processing, I am already abusing my pictures as hard as I can (you can check my flickr for that) to get the look that I want (I'm not aiming to keep things natural - I look at pictures as RAW material from which I can try making some interesting stuff).

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow