Olympus 17 mm f 1.2 Pro, 45 mm f 1.2 Pro, Voigtlander 17.5 mm f 0.95

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
OP Sbarnaveli Junior Member • Posts: 25
Re: Olympus 17 mm f 1.2 Pro, 45 mm f 1.2 Pro, Voigtlander 17.5 mm f 0.95

Thanks!

I agree with the points about excessive bokeh, but as I outlined in my original post, I'm not trying to get it. I want to have a reasonable amount of bokeh just as in the examples from the movie that I posted (and I think a movie of that scale is as professional as it can get).

I also completely agree that 1.8 primes are real gems and a lot can be done with them and I haven't even got close to getting the most out of them.

I was actually not planning to buy any more lenses and be happy with my 1.8s, but it is simply the fact that I could get a new Em1 mkii with 5 years of warranty for the same price (or a bit cheaper) as used ones and a new 1.2 lens for cheaper than the used prices. So that's why I started thinking that I could make use of this 1.2 aperture blur for cases like in the movie screenshots and went for the deal.

And your comment about sharpness is also a good one - 1.8s (especially the ones that I have in 40-50mm range) are not that even across the frame, so there 17 1.2 might also be beneficial for me.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow