ummm, where is the audio equalizer in Windows 10?

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
KJC Regular Member • Posts: 162
ummm, where is the audio equalizer in Windows 10?

I have researched this online, but this question yields innumerable different answers. I suspect this is because Microsoft rearranges the sound settings menus incessantly, and the correct answer will differ from what was posted the day earlier. I know this from years of recording vinyl LPs to FLAC using Audacity. Nearly EVERY time I sit down to do this, the system (laptop in this case) does not recognize my ADC as the audio input--or there is some other problem--and I have to search endlessly through the menus because Microsoft has completely changed where everything is!

I was able to find the equalizer a few weeks ago when I set up my new PC. I checked this, because my AudioEngine A2+ speakers sounded different (better) than with my previous system. Since everyone on the planet adores BIG BASS, I always check these settings, say, for example, when I rent a car. In renting cars innumerable times in the last 30 years, I have found that the previous driver has ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS turned the bass up all the way, and I have to turn it down (I prefer listening to music, and not thudding--I'm such an insufferable snob). Anyway, three weeks ago on my new PC, the equalizer was set entirely flat (as is should be as a default!), and I was pleasantly suprised at how good these speakers sounded compared to the previous PC I was using.

Fast-forward to today and it seems the treble is depleted--don't know, maybe it's my imagination, but I have noticed this on more than one recording. I hunted endlessly to find the equalizer and found nothing! I am usually quite good at finding things in various software by just searching and/or looking online for answers, but I am at a loss on this one? Any idea where the equalizer is??

Thanks.

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
KJC
KJC
KJC
brn
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow