Memory card size-how much is enough vs how much is just overkill?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Rob J
Rob J Regular Member • Posts: 379
Memory card size-how much is enough vs how much is just overkill?

I'm going to buy a couple of matching memory cards for my Panasonic G9. I shoot primarily stills but do occasionally want to shoot video. I currently have 2 unmatched cards, both in size and brand and find that when I try to shoot video I get a message saying that "backup recording requires 2 identical memory cards".

At present, I have a 65gb SanDisk as my primary card and a 16gb Lexar card in the second slot. I'm the type of shooter who downloads photos to my computer after each shooting session and then I reformat the cards for the next shoot. I seldom keep more than 100 shots on my media card at any one time. (although it might occasionally happen that I take more than that).

What size cards do you most often use in your cameras and do you ever fill them up completely in one shooting session? I'm just trying to get a feel for what size card would best fit my needs.

Panasonic Lumix DC-G9
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow