ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Jan Chelminski
Jan Chelminski Senior Member • Posts: 2,123
Main competition for the new 150-400mm f/4.5: Adapters

AF .64X, + Canon 200mm f/2, = 128mm f/1.3

AF .64X, + Canon 400mm f/2.8, = 256mm f/1.8

AF .64X, + Canon 600mm f/4, = 384mm f/2.6

If I were to purchase of one of the above, with two or three of the available AF adapters, my 'math' seems to indicate the new lens is, not quite without competition.

I assume even more so, for those with a 35mm system or lenses as well.

Nothing against the new lens, but even if great, would I buy it, if I could? Not sure...

Thoughts?

Rgds,

Jan

-- hide signature --

"The camera introduces us to to unconscious optics as does psychoanalysis to unconscious impulses"
------
"The art of the critic in a nutshell: to coin slogans without betraying ideas. The slogans of an inadequate criticism peddle ideas to fashion."
-------
- Walter Benjamin
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Drawing is a constant correcting of errors, maybe a great deal of creation is exactly that."
-----
- John Berger
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"...to photograph is to frame, and to frame is to exclude."
------
-- Susan Sontag

Jan Chelminski's gear list:Jan Chelminski's gear list
Olympus E-M1 II Olympus OM-D E-M1X Olympus 25mm F1.2 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50mm 1:2.0 Macro Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 7-14mm 1:4.0 +4 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow