Sony Carl Zeiss Vario-Tessar T* E 16-70mm f/4 ZA OSS

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Merlin5 Regular Member • Posts: 310
Sony Carl Zeiss Vario-Tessar T* E 16-70mm f/4 ZA OSS

Hi guys. I want a lens that starts at 16mm for an a6600 I'll be receiving. Given all the comments I've read about the 16-50mm kit lens, qualified by most of the photos I've seen taken with it, I'll pass.  Pity as I can buy it for £89.

Then there's the 16-55 f2.8 but it's too expensive for me. So that leaves me with the Zeiss 16-70mm, which in fact suits me because my other lens will be the 70-350 so there'd be no gap between 16mm and 350mm.

There's a Sony Carl Zeiss Vario-Tessar T* E 26-70mm f/4 ZA OSS lens for sale on an online camera shop. I bought my gear (in sig) from them, they're very trustworthy and reputable. It's going for £264 in well used condition, and the other used ones they're selling are in like new condition for over £400.

I've been told that this lens has a reputation for decentring issues. Also, this particular lens for sale has front element marks. Should I be too concerned about the marks? And is it very likely to be decentred? They'll take it back though if it's bad. But at this price, it's very reasonable and the only one I can find so cheap.

This is the description on their website and I've done screenshots from their photos which are shot from the actual lens for sale.

Condition: Well Used
This lens shows significant signs of use. There is a small amount of dust within the lens, which would not affect optical performance at all. The lens barrel shows some heavy cosmetic marks. The focus ring shows signs of wear. The lens mount is well used and shows significant wear.

Please note: There are several marks to the front element, this does not impact image quality.

Merlin5's gear list:Merlin5's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Sony a6600 Tamron SP 70-300mm F4-5.6 Di VC USD Canon EF 50mm F1.8 STM Sigma 16mm F1.4 DC DN (E/EF-M mounts) +1 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow