Need to clean my sensor, first time ever

Started 4 weeks ago | Polls thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
James Pilcher
James Pilcher Forum Pro • Posts: 10,364
Need to clean my sensor, first time ever

I have only had 4/3 and µ4/3 sensors on my ILC cameras since 2004. Never have I had to clean a sensor...until today. I was sitting, changing lenses at the local zoo, and a micro-person (2yr old) ran up to me and slapped her hand into my open camera body dangling from my strap, and put a beautiful toddler fingerprint on my OM-D E-M1 Mk II sensor !!!  It happened so fast I had no time to stop the assault.

I have never ever cleaned a sensor. Olympus has the corner on the clean sensor market. What should I do? I understand that Olympus sensor cleaning, due to IBIS, is touchy.

James Pilcher's gear list:James Pilcher's gear list
Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12mm 1:2 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75mm F1.8 Fujifilm X70 Olympus PEN-F +14 more
POLL
Buy a sensor cleaning kit and make it a DIY project.
34.1% 15  votes
Take it to my local brick and mortar camera store and let them clean it (they offer that service).
36.4% 16  votes
Send it to Olympus, pay an exorbitant amount of money, but have it done by the ultimate Olympus repair pros?
15.9% 7  votes
Forget about it. Sensor cleaning is pointless.
2.3% 1  vote
Sell the camera, buy an OM-D E-M1 Mk III, and ward off all future toddler attacks.
11.4% 5  votes
  Show results
Olympus E-M1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow