Can’t we get a new forum for Software?

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
fimiank Forum Member • Posts: 55
Re: Can’t we get a new forum for Software?

Toermalijn wrote:

Hans de Zomers wrote:

Looking at the top postings in the Retouching forum, I notice that there mostly software related questing like

product X is released

Who uses product X

Can product X do this

All valid topics perhaps but many unrelated to Retouching.

Can we get a Software forum (platform unrelated) where such topics can land in? That would improve the quality of this forum a lot.

I've been there, done that.

No response from dpreview concerning splitting this forum.

It's NOT gonna happen.

I remember the hoopla when there was an attempt to have two forums. I have forgotten what they called them, but it was not that well named.

It is strange that it is so hard to come up with solution for the linguistic issue of the titles and even weirder is DPR's attitude. If I'm not mistaken, an argument was that there can't be so many forums. However, if they can occupy the forum list with headings like Casio, Kodak, Kodak SLR, Konica Minolta etc., which if you try, first page quickly get into months, if not years old entries.

Part of the current problem with retouching techniques and picture related entries drowning in arguing about software etc. is that the former generally requires more effort and perhaps time to participate.

-- hide signature --

Kjell

fimiank's gear list:fimiank's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85 Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 Canon Pixma Pro-100 +2 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Lan
Lan
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow