Creative cloud storage with Lr Classic

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
dj_paige
dj_paige Senior Member • Posts: 2,123
Re: Creative cloud storage with Lr Classic

Joe94 wrote:

Morning all,

Am I right in saying that if I had the 1tb creative cloud storage plan, that I can set it so any of my RAW files that I import into Lr Classic, plus any edits (I.e) the catalog files, can automatically be backed up to the cloud as a backup copy?

No, the files sent to the cloud by Lightroom Classic are not backups. They cannot be used as backups. There are lower resolution images of your original photos.

Which would then also mean I can access the processed versions via the iPad iPad if I wanted to eaither do more remotely or show people my images without haveing to export them all as jpegs?

You don't seem to have the same understanding and definition of "backups" that most people have, and this could get you into trouble if your understanding is incorrect. Backups are exact identical copies of your original images (or of your catalog file), and the lower resolution images that Lightroom Classic saves in the cloud are not in any way exact identical copies. Furthermore, you do NOT ever use your backups for any purpose, they are supposed to sit there untouched and unused; except in case of a problem/disaster which destroys your originals. If you have not created such backups of your photos AND your catalog file, you should do so immediately, and then do NOT plan to use them for any purpose, except for use in case of a problem or disaster.

However, your photos shared in the cloud by Lightroom Classic can indeed be used by any mobile device, you can show them to your friends and family and enemies on your mobile device.

-- hide signature --

Paige Miller

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow