Need help choosing between Sony A6600 and A7III

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
idsurfer Regular Member • Posts: 411
Re: Need help choosing between Sony A6600 and A7III

wine540 wrote:

I have both cameras- a6600 and a7iii. The a7iii is such an easy camera to use - it has the buttons, dials and joystick that I miss on the a6600, but with the glass it is definitely heavier, bulkier and more of a problem to lug around. I use the the a6600 mostly for travel and wildlife. For travel the kit is so much more compact- wide angle 10-18 versus the ff f4 16-35 -feels like a ton! Using the 200-600 on the a6600 has offered me the most versatile camera/lens combo with real out to 900 mm equivalent - amazing! One date I grabbed the a6600 and mounted the Sony-Zeiss 55mm f1.8 for portraits-amazing results, but not better than the a7iii and certainly not for landscapes. Right now if I had to keep only one camera I would keep the a6600 mainly for the travel and wildlife use- fortunately I don't have to make the choice. Sony, when are the APC bodies going to have the functional ease of the a7's? Please soon!

This is exactly what I'm waiting for!

idsurfer's gear list:idsurfer's gear list
Sony a6400 Sony Carl Zeiss Sonnar T* E 24mm F1.8 ZA Sony E 10-18mm F4 OSS Sigma 56mm F1.4 DC DN
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow