My local Park and Wetlands pictures

Started 1 month ago | Photos thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
snapa
snapa Veteran Member • Posts: 4,653
My local Park and Wetlands pictures

Well folks, it's been a while since I've been on DPR due to computer & ISP issues. I have a few pictures from the one time I went to one of my favorite wetland locations, and of course my daily bike rides in my local parks. A few pictures are from Green Cay (GC) wetland, and some from my local parks.

I will let you know where the pictures are taken in the description under each picture at the end by either GC (for Green Cay) or Park. I'm hopeful that once the winter migration starts in the next month or two, things will start picking up at my two local wetlands. But for now, my local parks are doing very nicely. I tried to include as much variety as possible. I think it makes things more interesting that way.

Whenever they turn off the fountain, birds love to hang out on this float in the middle of the lake (Park)

There are 4 of these floating geese that birds also love to hang out on. I liked the reflections in this one. (Park)

A green heron on another goose, I see him there every other day. (Park)

A snowy egret on a third floating goose. Above are three different geese with three different birds on them. (Park)

A young night heron standing at the top of a small waterfall at the enterance of a single family enterance.

A great blue heron sitting on it's hind legs (?), I don't think I've everr seen one doing that before. (Park)

A mockingbird (Florida State bird?). I did not nail focus, but liked the picture anyway. (Park)

A family of burrowing owls next to their burrow. I see them every day. (Park)

A tri-color heron looking for small fish next to one of the waterfalls at the enterance to a housing community.

A tri-color heron doing yoga. GC

A wistling duck (I think) and a moorhen. GC

I'm not sure what this is, but I think it looked pretty cool. GC

A Mottled Duck (I think) in a strange possition, like they do all the time. GC

A Purple Gallinule (extreme crop). GC

Comments, critique, questions are always welcome.

-- hide signature --

Life is short, so make the best of it while you can!
http://grob.smugmug.com/
https://grob.smugmug.com/Wildlife-Pictures/

snapa's gear list:snapa's gear list
NEX-5T Sony a6300 Sony E 55-210mm F4.5-6.3 OSS Sigma 30mm F2.8 EX DN Sony E 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 PZ OSS +4 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow