Okay Panasonic...

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
georgehudetz Veteran Member • Posts: 4,857
Re: Double hinged tilt

Tom Caldwell wrote:

rashid7 wrote:

although i haven't tried one... I find the double hinge screen a great idea!

The only one I know is the one on my S1 which seems well implemented.

Tilts like a normal landscape tilt. But there is a second catch which if released (easy) allows the screen to be extended (one direction only*) in portrait mode. Release both catches and some odd angles can be achieved. The lcd stays behind the camera body. I have not really found the need for the odd angles - in use it is very clean and simple.

* Not having portrait mode was always the brickbat that was thrown at the tilt mechanism by those “proving” that the tilt lcd was not perfect. In practical terms I have never missed not having portrait tilt, so having portrait tilt is a slight advantage.

Shooting landscape in portrait mode (on a tripod) makes the portrait tilt quite useful to have.  I'd be very disappointed if this was not an option on any camera that otherwise seriously interested me.

georgehudetz's gear list:georgehudetz's gear list
Fujifilm X-T2 Panasonic Lumix DC-S1R Fujifilm XF 18mm F2 R Fujifilm XF 60mm F2.4 R Macro Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R +10 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow