Easy-to-disassemble lens

Started 3 months ago | Questions thread
Leonard Migliore
Leonard Migliore Forum Pro • Posts: 18,248
Re: Go large format

Alphoid wrote:

That seems ideal!

Large format would also allow us to play with tilt, shift, and similar adjustments too.

That's only if you get a view camera along with the lens. That would be a lot of fun but bumps up the cost quite a bit, especially if you want to actually take pictures.

I'm a little concerned about f/4.7, though. Used with an u4/3 format, that gives basically infinite depth-of-field in many cases.

Large format lenses have long focal lengths. The one I linked to was 135mm, and that's on the short side for 4X5. I can assure you that you will not suffer from excess depth of field.

I didn't catch the part about using the lens with µ4/3. I don't think you'll find a standard adapter for large format lenses to a µ4/3 camera since they all go on lens boards. So that will be a problem.

Do you know if something like this might work well?

https://www.keh.com/shop/bronica-75mm-f-2-8-nikkor-p-lens-for-ec-s2-system-67.html

I doubt if it's easy to take apart. It's probably the same as a 35mm SLR lens.

-- hide signature --

Leonard Migliore

Leonard Migliore's gear list:Leonard Migliore's gear list
Canon PowerShot G12 Sony RX100 III Nikon D300 Nikon D750 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 16-85mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR +12 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow