Need help choosing between Sony A6600 and A7III

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
wine540 Contributing Member • Posts: 509
Re: Need help choosing between Sony A6600 and A7III

I have both cameras- a6600 and a7iii. The a7iii is such an easy camera to use - it has the buttons, dials and joystick that I miss on the a6600, but with the glass it is definitely heavier, bulkier and more of a problem to lug around. I use the the a6600 mostly for travel and wildlife. For travel the kit is so much more compact- wide angle 10-18 versus the ff f4 16-35 -feels like a ton! Using the 200-600 on the a6600 has offered me the most versatile camera/lens combo with real out to 900 mm equivalent - amazing! One date I grabbed the a6600 and mounted the Sony-Zeiss 55mm f1.8 for portraits-amazing results, but not better than the a7iii and certainly not for landscapes. Right now if I had to keep only one camera I would keep the a6600 mainly for the travel and wildlife use- fortunately I don't have to make the choice. Sony, when are the APC bodies going to have the functional ease of the a7's? Please soon!

-- hide signature --

Dan W

wine540's gear list:wine540's gear list
Sony a6500 Sony a7 III
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow