16-55 Hood

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
OP jhorse Veteran Member • Posts: 4,188
Re: Not seeing it...

Erik Baumgartner wrote:

jhorse wrote:

Thanks and I am glad that for you and others it is a non issue. I bought my 16-55 in Dec 19 and other than the hood it is a superb lens. My hood is just okay to mount, but it simply will not reverse mount. So much so that I am thinking of buying a third party screw in hood. Very disappointed in its design.

You do know that it reverse mounts at 90 degrees relative to how it forward mounts?

Hi Erik, yes, I am aware of the placement of the white dot for putting the hood on, which is stiff, but do-able, and that the large petal must be at the 12 O'clock position to start the reverse procedure. It is virtually impossible to place my hood in reverse for storage and I do not force it as I do not want to place undue strain on the lens mechanism. I am still of the view that this cannot be right.

-- hide signature --
 jhorse's gear list:jhorse's gear list
Fujifilm X-E3 Fujifilm X-T4 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 27mm F2.8 +6 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow