Shutter lag on P&S Nikon Coolpix L810

Started 4 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
upnorthMI New Member • Posts: 3
Shutter lag on P&S Nikon Coolpix L810

Hi.  Amateur here.  I have a point & shoot Nikon Coolpix L810.  It was okay at first.  Then I started getting a shutter lag.  It's gotten worse and worse to the point that the camera is practically useless now.  When I press the shutter button, nothing happens for several seconds.  As always, I halfway press the button first to get it in focus.  It beeps as if in focus.  Then I press the button and nothing happens.  I press and press... nothing.  Then it will finally take the picture.  By this time the animal subject has moved on or I don't even have the camera aimed anymore.  This happens with any lighting, indoor or out, and any distance.

Google searching brought up a shutter delay, but I can't find where this setting is located on the camera.  I usually have it on Automatic so why would I need to adjust this?  It didn't happen in the beginning, only later on.  I've never loved this camera.  Indoor shots are always yellow.  I just want to resolve the problem and sell it so I can get something else.  Any advice is appreciated!

Nikon Coolpix L810
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow