It started yesterday, but what I see today exceeds my expectations... and it's beautiful (24-105 G)

Started 1 month ago | Photos thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Reto B
Reto B Senior Member • Posts: 1,330
It started yesterday, but what I see today exceeds my expectations... and it's beautiful (24-105 G)

I did not expect to see so much snow this morning when I left the house. Though it's definitely too much for the end of September I love it anyway. But of course I hope that it will melt within a few days so that we can enjoy a warm and colorful fall season

This is how I was greeted when I left the house. Not exactly what it's supposed to look like at the end of September:

A look down into the valley. It just started snowing again here but further back it's already pretty strong:

I walk up towards the forest and it's already energy-sapping because I don't use the road but walk through the fresh snow. And it's steep...

They had to bring the cattle down from the alps earlier than planned. I saw several groups like this one on my way up:

These are my two special friends. I have plenty of pictures of them and they look different every time:

The same trees from a little further up:

Here the sun is pushing, giving me that little extra contrast to make this image "pop"

My beloved home village Guarda:

End of September? Are you kidding? Well, have a look at the EXIF

My tracks show that the snow is getting deeper. We are at 1850 m above sea level here. I wanted to go further up but without my snow shoes this would have been too exhausting:

No Barbe-Q here today I guess. Until this year people had to gather fire wood in the forest, but now they built this little hut and filled it with wood for the lacy ones

Best wishes from a snowy fall day in the mountains,
Reto

-- hide signature --
 Reto B's gear list:Reto B's gear list
Sony a7R III Sony FE 90mm F2.8 macro Sony FE 100-400mm F4.5-5.6 Sony FE 24mm F1.4 GM Sony FE 135mm F1.8 GM +7 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow