Whats the future of analog with no new cameras?

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
cptrios Senior Member • Posts: 1,526
Re: Whats the future of analog with no new cameras?

I don't think the OP's points are wrong really, just unnecessarily alarmist. As pseudobreccia said above: what's the point in worrying about it? Analog will only actually die if film itself dies, and it doesn't look like that's happening any time soon.

What will really happen is that things will get more expensive. Just like a gentrifying neighborhood, once the hyped film cameras outprice most people, they'll go looking for the next best thing, which will then become hyped and outprice most people, and on and on. But even with that, there will always be plenty of cheap stuff out there...I, for example, just bought a film camera off of eBay, the description of which included "I'm not sure why anyone would want this, but here it is."

So the best thing you can do is find something you like, hold on to it, and take good care of it. If the thing you like is cheap, buy a few of them. My own strategy, having just gotten back into film, is to gradually acclimate myself to working with zone focusing and, possibly, eventually, maybe, without a meter. Cameras without electronics or complex rangefinder assemblies will probably always be repairable.

cptrios's gear list:cptrios's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Sony RX1 Ricoh GR Sony Alpha NEX-7 +4 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow