Mamiya 7, huge mistake

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
jcampy Senior Member • Posts: 1,088
Mamiya 7, huge mistake

No, not one I bought but the one I sold. I stumbled upon an unbelievable deal a few years ago for a Mamiya 7 and after a few months sold it to fund other purchases. I won't list the long  journey of buying and selling but let's just say I ended up with a used Sony A7RII and a Rolleiflex 2.8E with just half of the profit from the sale. My wife got the other half. I have had GAS for medium format for the last couple of years and my collection now includes a Hasselblad 503CW with 3 lenses, Rolleiflex 3.5F, Rolleiflex 2.8E, Bronica EC-TL with 3 lenses, Minolta Autocord, Kowa Six and a Kodak Medalist II. All were purchased below market value back then. All great cameras but I can't possibly satisfy their lust for film so they mostly sit in a growing collection of older cameras. I alternate them with a roll now and then but they deserve better, but let's get back to the Mamiya 7. I think if I kept it longer I would have never sold it and now I am thinking of selling some of this off to get another one but I can't seem to sell any of it. All of them are in excellent condition for their age. My thinking is if I only have one or two I would use them more. Anyone know of a pill I can take for this type of GAS?

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow