Panasonic 10-25mm 1.7 as a substitute for Sigma 19mm & Pany 25mm 1.7?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
HAMwithaCam New Member • Posts: 10
Panasonic 10-25mm 1.7 as a substitute for Sigma 19mm & Pany 25mm 1.7?

Good evening,

Recently, I've been wanting to pick up a new lens with some added functionality to my repertoire, and in my search I've come across the Pany 10-25mm.

It's an intriguing option, with it's wide FOV and apeture, and I've been thinking about funding it's purchase by selling off both my Sigma 19mm 2.8 and Pany 25mm 1.7, as it seems to cover both of those focal lengths.

I'm primarily a hobbyist at the moment, but I'm dabbling in outdoor modeling, and I've a general eye towards landscapes and product photography. I also want the wide apeture for night photography. Beyond that, I currently have no zooms, and the functionality would be invaluable.

However, I haven't found any images between the Pany 10-25 and the Pany 25, which makes me wonder if the image quality would suffer with the zoom. And if it does, then I think I'd be better served by purchasing better primes.

So I ask: What would you recommend? Buy better primes, or sell the two I have and help fund the zoom?

HAMwithaCam's gear list:HAMwithaCam's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 Sigma 19mm F2.8 DN | A Panasonic Lumix G 25mm F1.7 ASPH
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow