reliability: em1.3 focus stacking vs lumix post focus

Started 4 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Quickoo Forum Member • Posts: 81
reliability: em1.3 focus stacking vs lumix post focus

hi,

my head is smoking about which one would serve me better.

target: i like to take shots of plants (complete, parts and macro) beside nature in general, insects too.

the plant shots and insects i`d like to use as reference material for my realistic drawings of them. so more DOF is better while keeping ISO low with imagestabilisation.

i tend more to olympus em1.3 + 12-100+60macro but have too the S5 on screen with lenses to come (sigma 105 macro). the S line is very attractive.

i read the internal focusstackings doesn't work always 100% properly, but i don't mind taking 3-5 shots if then one perfect shot is there.

instead of taking 70 shots and then sitting in front of pc, i rather prefer the internal focusstackings IF usable at least 80% and think the 15 pic stack with olympus is enough.

too it can record the raws too for stacking later on pc if complete fail in camera .

the lumix can do post focus stacking too, but I'm not shure which brand delivers better  results in general?

the S5 could do it too, but i saw a german test, where the guy said the S1 took 30sec! for the post focus shot. if i imagine it fails then would be to boring for me.

i know that i could stack the files on pc too, if nothing works.

does anyone have experience?

FinePix S1 Olympus E-M1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow