Any interest in a fixed focal length forum? (for the X70/100 shooters)

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
deednets Forum Pro • Posts: 10,989
Any interest in a fixed focal length forum? (for the X70/100 shooters)

Posted also on the Leica/Ricoh/Sigma/Cybershot fora:

Let's face it: a lot of photography enthusiasts and pros dabble with more than just one camera manufacturer. So do I.

I currently have 3 Leica Qs on watch-list on TradeMe (ebay Kiwi-Style) but really would like to get a Q2. So here is my quick question:

Would there be any interest for those who use those X70/100 users to rub noses on a separate forum?

To throw my hat in the ring: I would love to exchange ideas and post images - and likewise would like to see what others can do with just ONE focal length. And: NO, it's not the same to lock your zoom in at 23/28/35/50mm - and then see how you go. It about the gear as much as the challenge of the restrictions, seeing in one particular focal length for instance. Polyblaze is one of those really great examples as to how a single focal length can work! But he - and others - might also have dabbled with the idea of getting an RX1 or a Q. Even a Ricoh for the 28mm.

https://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/64398697

Cross-linkink here as I wouldn't assume that every X70/100 user monitors the Open Forum necessarily.

Thanks for your interest - or your thanks, but no thanks feedback.

Posted also on the Leica, Sigma and Ricoh fora.

Deed

deednets's gear list:deednets's gear list
Sony RX1R II Fujifilm X-T3 Fujifilm X-Pro3 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R +7 more
Sony RX1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow