A few things missing from the R5 (maybe in future firmware?)

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
MinAZ
OP MinAZ Veteran Member • Posts: 5,563
Re: A few things missing from the R5 (maybe in future firmware?)

Chris Giles wrote:

The 'shoot / recall' function is the panic button. Assign it to somewhere and you're golden. I'm stoked it's in the R6 as it was in the 1DX (but not the 5D series) so was sorely missed especially for those photographers who shoot manually.

The only gripe I have with it is the limited number of things it addresses. Like shutter / iso / metering / aperture etc. But not AF mode or type.

You could do a lot more with it if you could program eye AF into it.

Similarly it would be nice to have a panic button for specific assignable AF modes. For me I use the aperture button to jump between One Shot and Servo but it would be nice to have something that allows me tocould switch between spot focusing and Eye AF.

Currently the only way to change AF points is scrolling the menu or I think a custom mode C1, C2, C3.

Ok wow I totally missed that. There is literally  no documentation in the user manual or on the web (that I could find) on how this works. I guess I'll go fiddle around with it. In the Sony implementation, you literally save a snapshot of your camera settings to memory and the button will recall all settings instantly. I have to agree that leaving out AF is inconvenient to say the least but something is better than nothing. All these things can be addressed in firmware if there was a way to feedback to Canon!

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow