EM1 Mk III and Oly 100-400 in Yorkshire

Started 4 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Maria_H Regular Member • Posts: 241
EM1 Mk III and Oly 100-400 in Yorkshire

Last week I had chance to put my new lens to the test, on a short break to the Yorkshire coast. No scientific testing, just real life use. Other than image quality, my main concern with the lens was the extra size and weight of the lens as I pretty much always shoot hand-held. I did, however soon get used to this, though found it advisable to at least be able to brace myself against something, if shooting something very distant or up above my head.

The Gannets and Tree Sparrow were taken at Bempton Cliifs RSPB, the dragonflies at Castle Howard and the butterfly at Burton Agnes gardens. All hand-held, shot RAW and processed to my liking in Capture One. The Gannet portrait was taken using the 1.4x teleconverter - though I haven't tried that extensively yet.

Feeling very  positive about this lens so far!

Gannet, ready to land at Bempton Cliffs

Gannet in Flight

Gannet portrait, using the MC 1.4 teleconverter

Tree Sparrow at Bempton

Mating pair of Migrant Hawker dragonflies

Small Tortoiseshell butterfly

Maria
https://www.flickr.com/photos/31693460@N06/

Maria_H's gear list:Maria_H's gear list
Olympus E-M1 III Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm F2.8 Macro Panasonic 12-35mm F2.8 Panasonic Lumix G X Vario 35-100mm F2.8 OIS +2 more
Olympus E-M1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow