A couple of important questions from Sony user - is R6 a perfect body?

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Tommy S
Tommy S Contributing Member • Posts: 534
A couple of important questions from Sony user - is R6 a perfect body?

Hallo Canon shooters

Let me introduce the reason I want to ask you some questions, with hope, they are going to be answered.

I think Canon (R6 in particular) is able to solve all my issues as far as fast action/sports shooting for half of the Sony's budget. I am far from starting any war between the systems, but after having read so much about possible solutions I think I know the theory, but need some practical verification.

I have been shooting sports/action for many years sticking to APS-C from Sony. Now I use A6600 with adapted lenses, which after many trials and errors (I sold Sigma 18-35F1.8 to buy Sigma trio of F1.4 just to discover that Sigma 18-35F1.8 is far superior wide open). I also use Tokina 11-20F2.8 with great results with MC-11. The problem is I am a bit tired of such a solution with constant questions nagging my brain - "what if I used only native lenses?"

As far as APS-C and Sony there are not so many fast lenses with acceptable sharpness IMO and F2.8 makes F4 on aps-c in terms of background separation.

I have been thinking about switching to FF (A7III/A9/A7RIII) for many months but I have constantly been founding reasons to not do it because the compromise between AF-C (Eye-AF tracking, etc) and price and quality (DR) was hard to be achieved from a perspective of a hobbyist, not professional.

1. Why have I not switched to A7III? - because when I wanted to do it Sony introduced A6400/A6600 with much better RTT AF-C Eye AF etc.
  2. Why have I not switched to A7RIV? - because 61 MP is an overkill for me in terms of RAWs in PP
  3. Why have I not switched to A9? - because of poor DR when compared to A6600 (maybe I suffer from pixel peeping as far as recovering shadows)
  4. Why have I not switched to A9II? - I am still thinking about it

In the budget of a naked A9II I can have R6 and a couple of decent EF adapted lenses, or I can stretch the budget a bit and go full throttle with RF15-35F2.8 and adapted 70-200F2.8, which will be replaced with RF equivalent in future.

If you have read my post so far (thank you) here comes the question:

Can R6 with some adapted and native RF lenses be compared to A9II for this kind of photography? (I do not need 20 electronic FPS or super fast connection)

-- hide signature --

Tom S (Poland)
http://justimpress.me

Tommy S's gear list:Tommy S's gear list
Sony a6600 Sony E 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 PZ OSS Sigma 18-35mm F1.8 DC HSM Art Tokina 11-20mm F2.8 Sigma 56mm F1.4 DC DN
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Canon EOS R6 Ricoh Caplio R6 Sony a9 Sony a9 II
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow