S Pro 70-200mm f2.8 vs f4

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Jonassubvert Forum Member • Posts: 98
S Pro 70-200mm f2.8 vs f4

Hi,

I have 70-200 f4 version and am very happy with it. But have a good price offer on the f2.8 version.

Do anyone own or have tested both? I suspect for portraits the background bokeh will be marginally or hardly noticeable better on 2.8 version? I believe you have to go 2 steps to really feel the difference?

Also as S1 cameras are so good in high iso I believe 1 stop less iso would not affect me too much.

BUT while the F4 has very good af in good light I feel its not great in low light and I think here the 2.8 version could really shine. I want to do street portrait at low light or night with street lights. So do you think I would be happy with 2.8 version?

Here is a few shots with f4. These kind of portraits I want to do at night. Would 2.8 be up for the task in low night scenes. Even if It won’t track good when people move I want it to be quick while they stand still without hunting and I lose the moment.

Jonassubvert's gear list:Jonassubvert's gear list
Panasonic S1 Sigma fp Panasonic S Pro 50mm F1.4 Panasonic S Pro 70-200mm F4 OIS Panasonic Lumix S Pro 16-35mm F4
FinePix S1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow