Bought a second-best item because top-rated on backorder?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
MinAZ
MinAZ Veteran Member • Posts: 5,557
Bought a second-best item because top-rated on backorder?

So just wondering how best to handle this.

I have new CFExpress cards and so I need a reader. If you aren't aware, readers are actually somewhat hard to find because the media itself is new.

The best reader is one that is made in the USA, very highly rated on B&H and unfortunately the model I want is on backorder, and has been on backorder for several months. Since I do need a card reader, I bought a knock-off card reader from Taiwan. Having tested it out, it does work, but I get the nagging feeling that perhaps the real card reader made in the US would be faster, although I have no way of knowing of course. The reader I have works fine, and again, it is necessary for my workflow so I do not wish to return it especially with no shipping date in sight for the USA card reader. Basically, I will eventually be stuck with the Taiwan card reader, so what is the best choice? Return it and just hope for the USA card reader which may or may not be better to arrive? Just buy the USA card reader anyway are use the Taiwan card reader as a backup? Not worry about it and just use the Taiwan card reader (and never know if the USA card reader could have been faster)?

WWYD?

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow