Question of Model Ethics

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Colin Creevey Regular Member • Posts: 174
Question of Model Ethics

Hi all,

I am still new to portrait photography so only have a few shoots under my belt and I am in a situation with a model that is making me feel a bit icky.

I reached out to a model and explained I wanted to do a shoot with her shooting her in a number of outfits including lingerie.  She replied telling me her rate was X which is a standard rate for a model in my area.  She explained she didn't have any lingerie but if I wanted to pay twice the amount (2X) then she would purchase some for the shoot.
I agreed and we proceeded.  I have now found out she has gone and done another shoot wearing this lingerie before the shoot we have planned together.

On the one hand I know I do not own the model and I know that regardless she would have used her new lingerie to shoot with others after me.  On the other hand, I can't help feel a bit sour.  I just feel if she is going to do shoots with other togs using garments specifically purchased and paid for by me then maybe either of them should have covered the cost.
When I think about it logically I know I shouldn't be upset but for some reason I am emotionally upset.  Is this conduct poor form or just normal behaviour for a model?  If this is a red flag for other potential unprofessional behaviour I can still cancel the shoot and easily arrange to shoot with another model that I have worked with previously.

Thoughts?

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Bob
BAK
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow