Regrets of moving to full frame?

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
nct1596 New Member • Posts: 15
Regrets of moving to full frame?

I shoot APS-C and have upgraded bodies along the way (Canon T3i -> Sony a6000 -> Sony a6400) and am generally happy with my results.  Used mainly for family shots and will bring if traveling someplace photo-worthy - but am a hobbyist at best.  I've built up a modest lens collection (35/1.8, 50/1.8, 16-70/4) and use the primes mainly.

I often feel that FF is the aspirational format marketed by all the big manufacturers...and I sometimes get the itch to try it out.  Offerings such as the new a7C are interesting.  I've always been impressed with the a7iii and will likely lust after the a7iv when released.  Just not sure if the added expense/investment of switching formats is really worth it.

I recognize that technically a FF setup is supposed to be better than crop sensor formats, though I'm not sold on whether real-world performance is all that different especially when just taking snaps to view on screens.  Rarely do I have anything printed.

Anyone out there used to shoot crop sensor format that moved to full frame only to regret that move in the end?  Did you end up going back to your original format?

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
NCV
tko
NCV
YWG
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow