GR III - overheating - caught on video

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
OP telemach Contributing Member • Posts: 635
Re: GR III - overheating - caught on video

Tungsten Nordstein wrote:

From the video it says 'My camera is turned on for 7-9 hours'.

And I think we see in the experiment picture every ten seconds for over ten minutes.

I'm not sure how typical these examples are for most users here.

I am happy that you noticed I wrote in the video that doing timelapse is just for testing purposes to accelerate showing up problem because it would be very hard to have someone follow me for 40 or 90 minutes and recording my Ricoh and it's parameters while I shoot. Video part 4:53

I can certainly see that this is not the camera for long duration interval shoots or for the extended period always-on style of use that you prefer.

it is really interesting why on earth they implemented intervalometer if they knew camera is prone to overheating

Maybe you could work out the optimum interval time that gives the camera a chance to work whilst retaining safe operating temperatures?

maybe you can do your own test and we can compare results; I don't have to do timelapse to get camera overheat and I sure do have other videos with overheating recorded in real life scenario but only minutes before it happens without 40-60 minutes prior to that fact

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow