Trying to thin down kits thought?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
aaronkick111 Forum Member • Posts: 84
Trying to thin down kits thought?

So i mainly photograph landscapes and holiday photos and some wildlife. Occasionaly do some astro shots but nothing amazing. 
I like to take snapshots while on holiday but will also sit and do long exposures use filters for specific landscape shots if the light is good or subject is nice.

Recently just got back from a few days in the peak district and fount myself wanting some extra reach but didnt want to be changing lenses all the time.

so what i want is probably the 24-200mm but i want to lighten and thin down kit a bit.

I currently have Z6 +24-70mm f/4 which is now my most used. I also have a 70-200mm 2.8 fl that is what i swap to if need the 200mm but its big and heavy and hardly ever use f/2.8 as its for landscapes. 
i also have the Nikon 16-35mm f/4 which i am thinking of swapping for a 14-30mm. 
i have the 50mm 1.8s lens which doesn’t get used as much as it should but it is ace when i do. 
i have the 20mm f/1.8 G lens mainly gets used for astro. So dunno wether to swap to the S version or not. 
finally i have the D500 that always has the 500mm pf lens on. That aint going anywhere tbf.

its alot and i was thinking get rid of 70-200mm 24-70mm and 16-35mm and get 24-200mm and the 14-30mm. But i would also like to eventually pick up a Z7 for the megapixels but depends on what the new version has wether i get the new one or pick up the standard one.

Any words of wisdom appreciated

aaronkick111's gear list:aaronkick111's gear list
Nikon D5100 Nikon D7200 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm F1.8G Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 55-300mm f/4.5-5.6G ED VR +2 more
Nikon D5 Nikon D50 Nikon D500 Nikon Z6 Nikon Z7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
NCV
NCV
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow