a66000 vs a7RIII aps-c Mode - High ISO

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Tim Crammond Contributing Member • Posts: 988
a66000 vs a7RIII aps-c Mode - High ISO

I'll try to keep this simple as possible. I'm looking at upgrading my a6000 to either an a6600 or an a7R3 for use in 18mp aps-c mode.

(I already have an a7III which I've had for nearly two years and I'm very happy with, and I might have originally bought an a7RIII if I'd understood its aps-c mode.)

For me the deciding factor in this choice is high-ISO performance.  Is the a7RIII going to be the better choice?  My experiments with aps-c mode with the a7III vs the a6000 suggest yes, assuming that comparison is somehow analogous.

I understand the argument that downsampling from FF should give the same result as aps-c mode in the same camera, but I'm talking about two different sensors - the 24mp aps-c 6600 vs the 42mp a7RIII in aps-c mode.

Thanks for your opinions.

Tim Crammond's gear list:Tim Crammond's gear list
Sony SLT-A57 Sony a77 II Sony a7 III Sony a6600 Sigma 10-20mm F4-5.6 EX DC HSM +30 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Sony a6000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow