Best way to capture a large image of an ocean view ?

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Guy Churchward
Guy Churchward Contributing Member • Posts: 785
Best way to capture a large image of an ocean view ?

Hi there, I’m struggling to capture a picture I feel emotes the massive view from this house..

it’s very large and expansive and inspiring, I have tried a wide lens (16-35 Zeiss) and a panorama stack (24-70GM) and can’t quite get one I am happy with ... it’s a fantastic view, I have some night scenes and sunsets and lightning I am super happy with but fall short of my expectations on the ocean view...

Really looking for Landscape advise/tips on how I might get a better result... The haze is certainly a problem and later in the year I suspect I will get a crisper image And a deeper blue but before That I want to figure out the best method e.g focus stack, image stack, panorama stack, wide open single image etc.. and also time of day specific to make the ocean pop ?.. tips and techniques and settings perhaps that pertain to my A7R4 that will help me capture the image I can be proud of...

btw, they are on a tripod and with a remote release ..

Thanks in advance.. Guy

Guy Churchward's gear list:Guy Churchward's gear list
Sony RX100 II Sony a7R IV Sony 1.4x Teleconverter Sony Vario-Tessar T* FE 16-35mm F4 ZA OSS Sony FE 90mm F2.8 macro +3 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow