Need advice for a new camera

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
Dak on cam
Dak on cam Senior Member • Posts: 5,071
Re: Wow!

D Lynch wrote:

Spectacular image.

I have a Sony RX100-2.

Suggest you consider ergonomics. And Menus.

I added a grip to my Sony the first day I used it; if a good grip wasn't available I would have taken it back. It's like carrying a wet bar of soap. Slippery.

Eronomics.

The strap loops on the sony are so small! I broke one of the strap connectors and threw both away. I believe a wrist strap is essential. I use a Peak Design wrist strap, with their 3rd generation connector. BTW that connector was recalled by Peak Design and replaced.

Menus.

Oh my. Sony. It takes a while to learn how to navigate through the menus. There's a learning curve. I didn't find it intuitive. I read a lot.

Well, if one is afraid that one will not get along with the different user interface philosophy, it might make sense to start by buying the cheaper of the two first (or borrowing the more expensive of the two) in order to figure out whether one will be able to live with Sony cams for good.

-- hide signature --

Dak

Dak on cam's gear list:Dak on cam's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-P52 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-H2 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-H5 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-R1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow