Need help choosing between Sony A6600 and A7III

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
OP SNBLR New Member • Posts: 5
Re: Need help choosing between Sony A6600 and A7III

Thanks everyone for your valuable inputs.  Based on the inputs and some research and going through a lot of online reviews (along with a lot of pixel-peeping) put this table together that summarizes my thought process right now.

Priority List

I am very strongly leaning towards the Sony A6600 with the Sony 18-135 f/3.5-5-6 Lens at this point of time. This seems to be the best bang for the buck. However, the prices of the Sony A6600 body is quite high in India. In USA, the A6600 has a 33% price premium over the A6400 (with even sweater package deals on Adorama). However, in India, the A6600 commands a steep 50% premium over the A6400.

Will perhaps wait for the A6600 prices to drop, or worst case would go for the A6400 body instead. Would certainly miss the IBIS and better battery capacity, but that's Plan B. That said, am in no rush to buy right away (though I have already sold my Nikon gear). With the pandemic situation, there is not much travel planned anyways.

Thanks everyone and please let me know if I have missed out something.

PS - In the meanwhile am also considering a Samyang 12mm f/2 (as a manual UWA option). Will pick up only if I get a good deal (new or used). Focal length of 18mm is not wide enough and anything wider would certainly help.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow