Debbie Downer about the A7C?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
thevisi0nary
thevisi0nary Regular Member • Posts: 113
Debbie Downer about the A7C?

At risk of sounding pointlessly negative, I am genuinely curious about where the hype is coming from regarding the A7C.

It seems the only thing this camera excels at is being a FF vlogging camera, which in itself is a little hard to wrap my head around. Both figuratively and literally, since using anything other than a pancake lens with the front facing camera seems like it would be terrible to hold.

The one improvement I can see is the marginally better AF over the A7iii, with several other things being the same or worse? The video capabilities are the same, sensor is exactly the same, EVF looks like a nightmare, still a single uhs-II slot. The ergonomics look super awkward, it’s smaller but with a shallow grip, and I feel like it would be awkward to hold with heavy FF lenses because of the weight distribution.

I guess it would make sense if it was a lot cheaper, but it’s nearly the same price as the a7iii. Yet I see a lot of excitement about it.

Am I off base and looking at it the wrong way? What’s your opinion?

Sony a7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow