A7III - AFC - Tamron 28-75 - Low light conditions locked up or significantly slowed down my shutter

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
syrcular Regular Member • Posts: 172
A7III - AFC - Tamron 28-75 - Low light conditions locked up or significantly slowed down my shutter

Hi all

i experienced something new with the A7III that i’m sure is because it was the first time i shot in challenging lighting conditions with the A7III with the Tamron 28-75mm f2.8. In dark conditions where my Sony was at 12800 ISO, when trying to fire the shot sometimes it wouldn’t allow me fire the shot. Sometimes it was due to the focus but other times it just felt like the camera was slowing down a lot due to it struggling with light. At times it was near impossible to shoot fast action even though i was seeing the image fine in the EVF.

i was using the Tamrom 28-75 for the first time, and i don’t think i’ve run into this before with other primes. I suspect this is due to my autofocus settings set to Balanced Emphasis and not set Release or AF? Is also suspect that the Tamron might not be good for lowlight? i noticed as soon as it got darker autofocus became a bit more of a struggle.

Thoughts?

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow