Heavan's Above, Co. Donegal, Ireland

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
mcrtchly New Member • Posts: 21
Heavan's Above, Co. Donegal, Ireland

Milky Way over Dunlewy Church, Co. Donegal. Ireland

The Milky Way arches over the abandoned church in Dunlewy, Co. Donegal during an exceptionally clear night sky in late September 2020. I live in one of the wettest parts of Ireland and it's rare to get a clear sky and even better to get no wind. This is a composite of 46 individual frames of the night sky and one single image for the church. A 35mm lens was used for the night sky frames with a 1 minute exposure at F2.0 and ISO 800. for each frame. The astrotracer function on the Pentax K1 proved essential for these captures; although I have only just discovered that the astrotracer isn't working correctly on one of my K1 bodies.

Frames were initially processed in Lightroom and a mosaic made using PTGui. The final mosaic of the 46 frames is about 30,728 by 21,189 pixels in dimensions; equivalent to a single 651 million pixel image! I had to lower the resolution for the forum.

I would appreciate any feedback; especially on the colour rendition. I think that it might be a bit too vivid and a tad too blue. But non-astronomical people seem to prefer colourful night sky images.

Martin

mcrtchly's gear list:mcrtchly's gear list
Panasonic LX100 Pentax K-5 IIs Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 Pentax K-1 Tamron SP AF 70-200mm F/2.8 Di LD (IF) MACRO +8 more
Pentax K-1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow