DSLR -> Mirrorless Guides?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
OP anim8tr Regular Member • Posts: 140
Re: DSLR -> Mirrorless Guides?

ChelseaPhotographer wrote:

anim8tr wrote:

ken_in_nh wrote:

ChelseaPhotographer wrote:

Weight and size is one of the primary reasons I'm considering a switch to mirrorless, but I'm not looking for a travel friendly camera. I'm primarily looking for a higher res camera (aka D850+) that is smaller and lighter in weight If Nikon had something like that then I wouldn't be looking any further...

Then the Nikon Z7 is probably your guy...

Even though I've been a Canon shooter since 1973 or so, I'd agree if the OP is looking for the least painful transition.

I (the OP) am not looking for the most painless transition. I'm looking for the best platform for the future. When I bought my first Nikon DSLR I did so because I was told that Nikon had the best lenses at that time. At this point I've probably got about $8k invested in Nikon glass at this point.
I don't want to switch platforms, BUT if Sony is a better "platform" (lens quality wise) then I would seriously consider it, regardless of the expense of new Sony lenses.

The Nikon platform that you have right now will probably serve you just as well as the best that Canon or Sony have to offer, and will continue to do so for the rest of your life.

If you are looking for even better quality than your Nikon setup, then look at Medium Format and the likes of Phase One, Hasselblad, Fuji or Pentax.

Nope, Canon would not be an option for me. It would either be Sony or someone else (Fuji, etc) that hasn't just entered the mirrorless arena. I'm leaning strongly toward the z7, but I want to see what the rumored updated z7 looks like. Sounds like that might be announced in October.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow