DSLR -> Mirrorless Guides?

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ken_in_nh Senior Member • Posts: 1,102
Re: DSLR -> Mirrorless Guides?

anim8tr wrote:

ken_in_nh wrote:

ChelseaPhotographer wrote:

Weight and size is one of the primary reasons I'm considering a switch to mirrorless, but I'm not looking for a travel friendly camera. I'm primarily looking for a higher res camera (aka D850+) that is smaller and lighter in weight If Nikon had something like that then I wouldn't be looking any further...

Then the Nikon Z7 is probably your guy...

Even though I've been a Canon shooter since 1973 or so, I'd agree if the OP is looking for the least painful transition.

I (the OP) am not looking for the most painless transition. I'm looking for the best platform for the future. When I bought my first Nikon DSLR I did so because I was told that Nikon had the best lenses at that time. At this point I've probably got about $8k invested in Nikon glass at this point.
I don't want to switch platforms, BUT if Sony is a better "platform" (lens quality wise) then I would seriously consider it, regardless of the expense of new Sony lenses.

Then you should also look at Canon's vast array of lens that one can use on their mirrorless. Most of the classic DSLR (EF) lenses can be used on Sony cameras too, but not necessarily without hiccups. And if you're interested in full frame, Canon's R series is superb.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow