Z7 accessory terminal

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
sjstremb
sjstremb Contributing Member • Posts: 558
Z7 accessory terminal

I have had a Z7 for a while now, its off warranty and after two weeks in Sicily photographing in October (before the world blew up), I used a GP-1 GPS on it and it worked great, until it didn't. Its a really poorly design cable/port arrangement where the cable sticks straight out and after two weeks of walking around shooting the connection became intermittent. After a call to Nikon NPS they over the phone suggested a tweaked port that was the problem and for an estimated $400 repair, they could put in a new board on the camera. So I have sent it in.

Now if only I could find a right angle cable for my GPS or something like that but it seems its a Nikon proprietary cable.

Anyone have any experience with finding a cable for it that does not stick out so far?

sjstremb's gear list:sjstremb's gear list
Sony RX100 III Fujifilm X70 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1 Fujifilm X-Pro2 Nikon D850 +20 more
Nikon Z7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow