Maybe its time for crop sensor to go away A7c & "size"

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
LenRivers Senior Member • Posts: 2,454
Maybe its time for crop sensor to go away A7c & "size"

These are the dimensions of the A7 iii, A7c and A6600. I think the size specs are a hair difference. I think if Sony can place a FF sensor in what could be an A 6600 body why crop sensor

The A7 series will never be under $2000 by much so not to cut into the A6xxx line. If they can make compact versions with FF sensors

Maybe we are at the start of a 5 years cycle that will phase out the crop sensor.. I am sure the iPhone and other smart phones will hold a place for the typical every day person and heck I was pretty impressed with the iPhone 11 pro and supporting apps.

Maybe the lines will blur

In inches Length X height X depth ( I think is the order)

A7iii

5 x 3.8 x 2.9

A7 C

4.9 x 2.8 x 2.4

A6600

4.72 x 2.63 x 2.73

Discontinue A6xxx and make a Compact FF line starting at $1000 or $1200 or so, I think that will give Nikon, Canon and Panasonic a run. It will make micro 4/3's worry a bit more and Fuji X I think will be ok, they have a niche with APS-C

Come on for those around for 20 years or so did you ever think you would be shooting a Sony camera from that Television manufacture, same for Pansonic. I never thought so looking back.

All use the same Z battery so I think it is a doable thing

Sony a7 Sony a7 III
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow