Do you like Trains?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
Guy Parsons
Guy Parsons Forum Pro • Posts: 35,219
Re: Do you like Trains? = Yes.

I like trains but don't like competitions so I'll expand into this thread......

Rail transport museum day at Central Station in Sydney Australia in 2019. The 2020 day was cancelled of course.

You wanted some steam? ......

Restored 60 class Garrat articulated loco, a small cousin of the Big Boy. Used for heavy freight trains in its day.

A bit less steam.......

A neat 36 class loco that would have hauled me as a young kid on holidays to my Aunt's place in the country.

Not steaming.......

Another loco sitting at the old mortuary station near the main station, it used to be used to ferry the dead and mourners to a big cemetery in Sydney.

Queues to look into cab......

That neat class 36 loco again.

Here I grabbed some from my RX100M6, used the jpegs resized down and slightly tickled with FastStone Viewer. The ones from the raw files looked quite a lot better but that's all on another computer that's rather busy at the moment.

The small images here of course look rubbish due to DPReview's way of handling images. May look better at full size here of 1500 wide in the gallery. The real full resolution ones are rather good but that's for me at home only. The RX100M6 does a darn good job, my M4/3 kit does a little better but usually not surprisingly better.

I might get busy one day and build the Trains folder here in the gallery for an easy way to store some train shots I like from over many years.

Thanks for the thread, Bill, I may search and indulge more later with older shots from non Sony cameras.

Guy Parsons's gear list:Guy Parsons's gear list
Sony RX100 VI Olympus PEN E-PL1 Olympus PEN E-PL5 Olympus PEN E-P5 Olympus OM-D E-M10 II +10 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow